If you want your product to rank higher in search results on Amazon then it is very important to optimize your product listing. You have spent a substantial quantity of effort and time to build your Amazon. But if there is effective sales conversion then all your effort and time are wasted.
To rank higher in Amazon you have to improve the ranking as well as increase traffic and sales by optimizing your product listing.
In this article, we will brief you about how important your Amazon product listing is and how you can optimize your listings.
- Product Title
The product title is one of the most significant elements of an Amazon product page. The main aim of the title is to provide the customer with essential pieces of information that convince them to click on your product. It was commonly believed that adding as many keywords as possible into a title will result into good sales, but if you look at the best sellers in popular categories, their titles are usually no more than 10-20 words. This is because customers have a hard time scanning long titles, and they may even get annoyed with titles that are displayed this way.
Rules for making A Good Title:
- Capitalize the first letter of each word
- Don’t stuff with keywords
- Don’t include any promotional message (sale, offer, etc.)
- Include 1-3 product benefits
- Follow category rules
- Do not use adjectives or comparatives and superlatives
- All numbers should be numerals and spell out measurements (e.g. 5 Ounces not “five Oz”)
- Make it readable with the “|” vertical bar character or “✮”
Amazon also has a title structure and it important to follow the structure in order to enhance the listing:
Brand + Model Number + Model Name + Product Type, Color
- Product Images
Whenever customer searches for the product, the first thing they look at is the images of a product. It is recommended to have at least 6 images for catching shopper’s attention and creating a good first impression.
Make sure your image:
- Is in TIFF (.tif/.tiff), JPEG (.jpeg/.jpg), GIF (.gif) and PNG (.png) format
- Image pixel dimensions of at least 1000 or larger in either height or width preferred
- Background must be white
- Are in CMYK or sRGB color mode
- Must be a professional photograph of the product being sold
- Should fill 85% or more of the image frame
- Product Features
It’s recommended that you have 5 or more points in your listing. The official character limit is 1000 characters (250 words).
Checklist for writing optimized Amazon bullet point:
- Focus on customer benefits – what do they get?
- Put the most important features at the top of the list
- Begin each bullet point with a capital letter
- Prioritize features & benefits that make you unique
- Mention key facts like if there is a warranty or customer service available
- Use all 5 bullets
- Relate to customer lifestyle
- Use 150 characters per bullet according to the category rule
- Do not include promotional and pricing information.
- Product Description
Many sellers do not put much effort into their product descriptions which is not healthy for sales. Amazon looks at your product descriptions when deciding whether to rank your product for a specific search. Whenever customer lands on your product page they want to know about the product nature and information before buying them. Therefore it is important to write a product description.
Here are a few simple steps that could help you write product descriptions:
- Keep the language simple, use short sentences and short paragraphs.
- Focus on Benefits, Not Features
- Include only product-related information.
- Do not stuff too many keywords.
- Try and use a storytelling approach
- Avoid Meaningless Adjectives
Keywords are a requirement for a product to even be found at all in Amazon’s search results. Keywords are incredibly important to your products sales, ranking, and overall success. Properly researched and targeted Amazon keywords can often result in improved search volume, increased traffic, longer sessions and sales.
- Use a Keyword research tool
- Know What Your Amazon Audience is Searching For
- Look at your competitor’s listings for keywords
- Try Amazon’s Search Suggestions
- Run PPC to see which keywords perform the best
- Do not include Duplicate words
- Do not use punctuation for separating keywords.
- Product Reviews
If you have more positive reviews, it will increase click-through and conversion rates. It will also gain the trust of buyers and will engage more traffic for selling. They influence almost everything when it comes to your Amazon sales, from your Amazon search results to shoppers’ buying decisions.