As much as social media marketing channels go, Instagram has been a major power player for a while. And that’s particularly true for e-commerce businesses that get access to a visual-focused platform with enthusiastic followers and high engagement. Instagram is a platform that allows for a lot of creativity and different ways to put your brand forward-looking. It’s not too late to join and become successful on Instagram. With the right marketing strategy, businesses can promote products and services, boost their brand, and increase sales on Instagram. As Facebook refocuses on connecting people with content from family and friends, Instagram has become “the new home for brands,” where engagement is high, followers are brand-loyal, and real business goals can be achieved.
Step1: Get an Instagram business account:
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with more than 500 million accounts are active on the app every single day. If your business isn’t on Instagram, it should be!
Set up an Instagram Business account to give people more information about your products, service or business. You can visit the Instagram website or use the app on a desktop computer if those options work better for you.
So, for the purposes of this guide, let’s focus on using the mobile app.
An account can be created in one of two ways:
Option 1: Sign up with your email address or phone number, and then enter a username.
Option 2: If you have a Facebook account, you can log in with the same information and link the accounts.
Step 2: Optimize your profile:
As you set up your free Instagram business account, here are a few things that you can do to make it easier for people to discover your business.
Profile Photo: First and foremost, your Instagram profile photo must represent who you are. Simplicity works. We recommend using your business’s logo or a graphic symbol instead of your own picture. Your image will be cropped into a circle and appear as a small 150 x 150-pixel icon.
User Name: Choose a username that represents your brand, is recognizable, and, if possible, distinguishes what you do. Your username might be simply your business name or an adapted version of your business name. Keep it short. The limit for usernames is 30 characters.
Bio: Instagram gives you a maximum of 150 characters to summarize your company and its activities. This is where you choose your words wisely to sum up the details of your company.
Website and contact options: Help people get in touch with your business by adding your website, email, phone number and location.
Step 3: Share great content:
When using Instagram to grow your business, it’s essential to build up an audience that is engaged and loyal to your brand. But how can you ensure these followers engage with your posts and, in turn, help you to grow as a business on Instagram? Three words: quality Instagram content.
It might be the case that other Instagram accounts are already doing a great job of producing content that your audience is interested in. Good content is the key to your Instagram marketing success. Keep an eye on engagement-based content instead of promotional. Instagram is all about the creative representation of your brand and how you engage your target audience by consistently posting content that is visually appealing. Using quality images and videos will go a long way in increasing your posts reach and your business too.
Step 4: Grow and engage your audience:
To grow and engage your audience, you need to consider the following points:
- Posting photos regularly is a great and easy way to boost your engagement. It doesn’t matter what you’re selling or promoting on Instagram, you can always construct people into your Instagram posting strategy somehow.
- Using the hashtags in every post will lead you to increase the audience. Finding the right tags can take a little research, but utilizing the most relevant and widely used will collect the best results.
- The also best way to tap into the Instagram community is by interacting directly with the target audience through @mentions. Identify popular accounts that your audience already follows and @mention them in a relevant and authentic way.
- Instagram posts with captions generate more engagement and encourage users to spend more time looking at your post, which is believed to be an advantage with the current algorithm as it prioritizes content by engagement.
- Focusing on one goal and maintaining consistency can massively help when it comes to growing your Instagram following.
After going through all this we know for sure that your Instagram Business profile is going to knock the socks off of anyone who comes across it.