We all have heard the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words” and it holds true on Amazon. While online shopping does not give customers to experience to touch and feel the product before buying, customers have to rely on the product images to make the purchase decision.
This means the sellers on Amazon have to showcase their products with high-resolution and unique images that capture the attention of shoppers and convert that into sales.
Here are the important things you need to know about Amazon product photography:
- Photo Requirements:
Following specifications should be meet for product images:
- TIFF (.tif/.tiff), JPEG (.jpeg/.jpg), GIF (.gif) or PNG (.png) format
- Image pixel dimensions of at least 1000 or larger in either height or width preferred
- sRGB or CMYK color mode
For the main image, the following are the requirements:
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255)
- The image should not contain any text or graphics
- The image must not contain extra products that may confuse the shopper
- The product should fill 85% or more of the image frame
- The image should not be an illustration or Drawings of the product
- The photo should not show any excluded accessories
- No logos, watermarks or inset images should be included in the main image
- Types of Product Photography:
There are two ways of displaying the product on Amazon which will help to capture the attention of shoppers and will make your Amazon listing decent.
Images with Products only:
These images will appear on a white background and it will include only product. It shows off the main features and details of the product. Amazon requires that the first image should be Product only image. It’s a great idea to include this format in the rest of the images where you can show the product in different angles or even a zoomed one so that customer can get the full effect.
This type of image shows the product in the scene, placing it in an environment where it would most likely be used. Many times these images include people using the product to give it further context.
Amazon Photo requirements/permissions for specific departments
The above-discussed points are most important to keep in mind and it applies to all departments. Apart from this requirements, there are other requirements also which is required for specific departments. Listed below are some of the requirements needed for specific departments:
- Kidswear – Kids clothing products must be shown on the flat surface and not worn by the child.
- Lingerie – Undergarments, swimwear or lingerie should be photographed on a flat surface. Amazon allows items to be shown on a model but it should not include nudity or graphic detail.
- Footwear – amazon allows only photographs of footwear.
- Books, Music, and Video/DVD images – should be the front cover art, and fill 100% of the image frame. Jewel cases, promotional stickers, and cellophane are not allowed.
Using Product Images to Increase Conversions:
- Product photography also affects clicks and conversion. Many customers consider product images more important in the buying process than reading product information. Good product photography will help in boosting click and conversion rates. A high-quality image will grab the attention of customers and encourage them to learn more about your product.
- Use all available image slots. Amazon allows uploading up to 8 images. Each image provides an opportunity to provide customers with information which helps them to know about your product. Do not include repetitive images.
- Hiring a professional photographer with product image experience will help in getting good quality images which will help in an increasing conversation for your product.